Friday, May 9, 2014

Ask Aunt Foley


Dear Aunt Foley: You and I have never met but I have heard good things about you.  My name is Wylie.  For six years I lived with my Mommy but she got sick and had to go into the home and give me up.  Luckily I was adopted by a wonderful man and woman with a dog and several cats.  My probably is with the dog.  His name is Hobo Hudson and he is completely insane.  He seems to think that not only I, but the cats, and certain squirrels work for him and he spends each morning pouring over the “bone” market.  What is up with him?  Sincerely Wylie Hudson

Dear Wylie:  I am sure you had a wonderful mother and that you took great care of her as she aged.  I am sorry that her health grew beyond your ability to care for her.  I am so happy you found a new home.  But you haven’t just found a home, you have found a home straight out of Willy Wonka:  A home of endless imagination.  

Sure, there are places where the dog is the dog, sleeps in another room, doesn’t have any dog friends who live in other countries, doesn’t communicate daily with their friends over the Internet, and live perfectly satisfactory lives.  But you my friend are starting your journey to a most extraordinary life.

Welcome to the world where you have friends that you will never sniff, but you will know better than your own littermates.  A world where your every thought it will be considered important, and your every picture fawned over.  A world where you will feel love from all over the world, and if you are sick, prayers will pour in and you will feel the warmth inside your heart.

In short Wylie you are the dog who got everything he ever wished for.  And you know what happened to him?

He lived happily ever after.

5 comments:

  1. We laughed and laughed today at your protection comment...lol....We are so glad this little guy found such a good home.
    stella rose's momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love happy endings! Especially happy endings about dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, Mr Pip's comment.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRAVO....Very nicely said, Aunt Foley.....and so true!

    Hap-Pee Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise words Auntie Foley! Dogblogs bring us love beyond our imaginations. Smooches from pooches,
    BabyROcketDog & Hootie

    ReplyDelete

The Ruby Rose Report: What Happened Next Door

  It was a quiet Sunday afternoon. I was watching Oppenheimer with my parents and thinking of my 131 st great-grandfather Oliver, who live...