Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pocket Dog: Good on Top. Bad on the Bottom

We don’t mean to worry our parents, but some of us can’t help it.  Foley gave my parents only a few scares in thirteen years.  River Song has frightened them a couple of times.  Unfortunately, I make up for that by scaring them several times a month.
I am not to blame. The upper part of my body is very sweet.  I have a beautiful disposition, a sweet face, a lovely personality and a happy smile.  It is my lower end that is the culprit. I have an irritable bowel, an angry stomach, a quarrelsome colon, and a disagreeable intestine.  
My upper body is continuously good.  My lower body is intermittently bad.
Last week my lower body decided to be bad for some days.  My bowels become irritated when our schedule changes.  On Monday we had our typical day working in the yard, but our parents went out for a few hours afterward, and our supper was late.  Their leaving must have pissed off my bowels because they decided to become active at 4:00 AM. I got out of bed and did a messy poop on the pee pads.  (Irritable bowels aid alliteration.)  My parents were concerned and went into the Situation Room to discuss my condition, but since loose poops frequently happen, even if the timing was odd, they decided to monitor the situation.
The situation continued at 4:00 AM for the next two days. I was still eating, and I was active.  My parents were concerned, well, they are always concerned,  but they were more concerned than normal.  They decided since I was eating the continued to monitor my poops.
We dogs all have something in common: If we are going to get really sick, we are wait for the weekend when the regular vet is closed and the ultra-expensive vet it the only option.  On Friday my bowels turned into Gordon Ramsey with undercooked risotto.  It was angry, it was loud, and it was spreading bloody filth everywhere.
My mom thought a vet visit might make my tummy more livid.   Mommy decided to give my annoyed stomach a rest.  At night she made my special meal of pumpkin and chicken breast.  (I like this much more than my kibble.  Maybe I should reach an agreement with bitchy bowels, so we both win.)  It took a couple of days but thanks to my Mom’s good sense my intestines stopped stressing out.  Everyone in my house took a big sigh of relief.
Two nights later we had a wicked bad thunderstorm. Per usual in thunderstorms, I tried to climb on my daddy’s head. I don’t know why I do this.  Higher ground is not the best strategy. But I did.  Daddy held his left arm out, and I fell asleep on his shoulder with my arms stretched on his elbow.

The upper part of my body woke up feeling comforted.  My lower end woke up angrier than a bee stuck in a vacuum bag.

By the end of the day, I was back to normal and have been since.  My belly is sleeping.  I hope it has a long hibernation.  And I hope it doesn’t wake up on the wrong side of the intestine.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about those tummy troubles. We three boys all have the same thing going on with our tummies. We also wait till the weekend or especially a long weekend. We also head for the carpet instead of the tile if we're going to vomit. But, and this is important, Mom still loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE actually thought your bowels were going to show off while you were sleeping on your dads head. We sure hope you are feeling much better now sweetie. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. And SHE thinks one night of vomiting is bad! We're sorry you are sick. SHE's impressed you use the poop pads and not the carpet. We hope your 'unders' improve quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH dear, this doesn't sound like much fun at all, for YOU or for your peeps. Our Dad is that irritable bowel thingie too and Mom says lots of fiber really helps. Maybe a daily dose of pumpkin would help you out.

    Feel better, Pocket.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh noes. Sorry abouts your angry southern half. I am most impressed you went on your wee pads! I would have (and have ☺) gone on the carpet! Huge bonus points for you! And doesn't it always happen that we wait until a Holiday weekend to get sick!
    I hopes you continue to stay risotto-free! ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Pocket -we sure hope your back end is feeling better. Our kibble has pumpkin in it and it has really helped Bailey have better poops
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those lower part troubles can be very difficult but luckily your upper parts remind your pawrents you are doing your best!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

The Ruby Rose Report: What Happened Next Door

  It was a quiet Sunday afternoon. I was watching Oppenheimer with my parents and thinking of my 131 st great-grandfather Oliver, who live...