Sunday, April 29, 2018

Cammy is our April 29, 2018 Pup of the Week



On Thursday Cammy Korunka appeared at Rainbow Bridge.

I had not anticipated her arrival.  We had received a lot of prayers for her because she had to go to the vet, and we delivered them to the Big Guy, but we did not think there was a reason to be concerned.

Then I got summoned to the Bridge and saw Cammy running up the stairs.  When she reached the reception area, she gave me a hug and a big lick. “Angel Foley, it is a pleasure to meet you,” she exclaimed.  She then took my tiny paw between her two large ones and shook it.

“Cammy,” I said cautiously, “do you know where you are?”

She laughed.  “Of course Angel Foley.  I am at the Rainbow Bridge in my younger body no longer feeling any pain.  I can’t wait to go running through those hills,” she said nodding to the rolling green mounds in the distance.  “Now what do we have to do? Is there some paw work I need to fill out?”

I told Cammy there was only the super secret angel oath, then administered it to her.  “Where do I get my wings?” she asked looking around excitedly.

Sometimes new angels don’t know what being on the immortal side means.  I asked her if she understood crossing to the Bridge meant she had to be separated from everyone she loved on the mortal side.  “Oh,” Cammy said, her grin disappearing. “You mean my mom.”

I told her I did and asked if she realized it would be a long time until they played and snuggled again.

“Of course Foley,” Cammy said.  “Before I crossed over Mommy and I had a long talk. 

 She told me she loved me the most and I told her the same.  Then we cried lots of tears.” Just as she said that a tear cloud passed over the river.  “Here come our tears now,” Cammy said. When they began to fall, Cammy gathered them up. “These are a mixture of my mom and me, just like our hearts beat as one, our tears fell as one, and I will keep them together on my cloud to remind me every day of the love we have shared and will share.”

I gave Cammy a golden chalice, and she poured the tears into it.  “Before I crossed over my mom and I promised one another that we would be strong, and we would embrace the world each day apart as we did together.  We owe it to each other to keep on going even though the loneliness is going to be crippling. All I have to do is dip my paw in the chalice, and the loneliness will be gone, and I will feel all the love again.”

I told Cammy I thought that was a brilliant arrangement and kissed her.  “I hope my mom has something to touch and think of me too,” she said softly, Then she remembered her agreement with her mom.  “I am going to go off running and barking for a while,” she said. I ordered her a pair of wings so she could fly and I soon saw her flapping through the air and smiling broadly.

We are going to try very hard to help Cammy keep up her end of the bargain she made with her mom, and we hope the humans can help her mom too.


Love is the only cure for loneliness.

8 comments:

  1. This is so heart warming. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know sweet Cammy will look after her Mom and make sure all is okay with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful send off. Helps me know mine that crossed last week is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to defeat loneliness

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes... love is the cure and the answer... even when love sometimes hurts, it is the key for all things...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet (but sad) story! We never forget our angels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful promise.
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete

Monday Question

  Have your parents bought anything for you for anxiety? Not me, but my parents...