Thursday, December 29, 2022

Poetry Thursday

 

 

 

 

 


Our muse Sam has provided us with this picture to inspire my poetry. Here is my effort

Ralph screamed with joy when he won the lottery

He would be rich after years of poverty

He slipped the winning ticked in his pocket

With the money he had would built a rocket

To go to the moon

When he told his girl Alice she did swoon

On New Year's Day he ran to the lottery office

Wanting to be there when it opened, not like some novice

They were ushered into the building

While crews began filming

He was asked for the ticket

And found himself in a sticky wicket

When he reached into his pocket all he found

Was nothing, which made him frown

Annoyed, Alice asked where he last had it

He smiled, and out of the office he alit

I had it last night he said running nonstop

I remember holding it when the ball dropped

I yelled in joy and raised my hands in the air

Then something happened most unfair

The ticket must have fallen from my hand

But don't fret I remember where I did stand

Hopefully it is still on the side walk

And I will find it with my eyes like a hawk

He turned a corner into Times Square

And saw that life was truly unfair

A million bits of paper lay on the ground

And a wail of sorrow he did sound

 Alice turned on him like a modern day Judas

She could not believe she fell for this doofus

 

 

8 comments:

  1. We always look forward to your take on the Thursday poetry picture.
    Today another gem. Poor Alice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now, Ralph isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good! (though not for Ralph and Alice!) We hope you and yours have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always make us smile☺ Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me laugh out loud. Bless his heart.

    Have a woof woof day, weekend and a very Happy New Year, Ruby Rose. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't win for losing in that scenario!

    Hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was such a fun poem, what a mess to look through!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday