Sunday, August 23, 2026

Friday Fill Ins. On Sunday Morning






  • Eating sparks my creativity. If you have a problem that needs a creative solution, feed me. I will help. Having problems with the old straight of Hormuz? Give me a milk bone, I will see what I can do. Having trouble with your love life? You are one sausage away from living happily ever after.
  • Blah, blah, blah zaps my energy. You know what blah blah blah is? They are any words my parents say that are not "good girl," "it's dinner time," "you look cute," "let's go for a ride," or "let's go for a walk"? My entire day is made up of eat, blah, blah,blah walk, blah, blah blah, ride blah, blah,blah. It is very taxing.
  • My dream meal would have anything my parents are eating. I am fascinated by what they are eating. I jump up on a chair and into their laps and stare at their food. I lift their arms with my head to get to the plate. I am relentless. And they tell me to stop, but all I hear is blah, blah, blah.
  • I am supposed to say the silliest way that I hurt myself, but I do not hurt myself. I cannot. My parents hover over me every step. If I burp, they are on the internet looking for what is wrong. If I do not burp, they worry that I have developing indigestion. They keep talking it over, endlessly. All I hear is -blah, blah, blah.

16 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! This is my first time visiting your blog. Am I meant to answer as my pet? I'll answer as Miefen, my youngest cat (<1yo):
    Barriers spark my creativity! Try to bar me from a room, or an outdoor space, and I will find a way there. Have no fear! (Cuz I don't!)
    Wrestling with my older brother zaps my energy. He keeps biting my neck to get me to say "uncle", and after that I have to bathe myself and lie down for a while.
    My dream meal would have a lot more carbs than they currently feed me. Why do the humans get to eat potato chips but I can't?
    The silliest way I hurt myself - well, it mostly hurt my pride. I managed to get through a fence that had a bigger drop on the other side. The wall below the chicken wire was too narrow for me to jump onto, so I climbed a pillar of cinder blocks, but couldn't get around to the fence safely. Much to my chagrin, my humans had to launch a joint rescue mission after dark to get me home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby, good thing about you is that you entertain your parents. They couldn't get through the day without you there to supervise. Even when they keep blah blah blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A well looked after dog. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating sparks my creativity :-) Bet many share the same idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty much the same thing happens here, Ruby, except that mom gives me a wee bit of whatever she is eating (as long as it's safe for me) and it makes me happy☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreams about eating, sound like happy dreams.
    Happy Sunday, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby foodables always smell and taste best on the pawrents plates
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby, you are on point with your responses!
    Blah blah blah...that's all I hear coming from Wash DC, so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those were interesting answers sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have really good pawrents! I wish I had the first one, as I eat so much that I would be able to solve the world's problems!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most talk around here is blah, blah, blah, too. I like quiet people who only talk when it's absolutely necessary. Maybe I would have made a great contemplative or hermit but I'm not Catholic, I'm Presbyterian and we don't have that.

    To answer your question about calling Dig Safe, here it's Louisiana One Call and yes, it was marked by they marked everything by the map and sometimes where it was put was a little away from where the map said it should be and that's why they hit our water.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. A girl after my own heart- food is always the answer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to not listen, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Java Bean: "Ayyy, I didn't know eating was good for creativity, but I am definitely willing to give it a try and see how it works!"

    ReplyDelete

Friday Fill-ins

  Bringing multitudes of souls to their knees by bearing a single fang and growling softly is a useful skill I have. I recharge by eating a...