Sunday, September 29, 2013

Uva is Foley Monster's September 29, 2013 Pup of the Week


If you think watching over your loved ones while on Earth is hard wait until you pass to the Eternal side of the Bridge.  You never rest.  The other day Daddy was moving furniture for his 85 year old father who is recovering from a broken hip (he is another big resource drain for us angels.)  Daddy was foolishly trying to bring a big bureau down the stairs by himself.  He started to lose control of it, and both he and the chest would have hurtled down the stairs crushing him underneath it.  All the pups he has ever loved and lost appeared around him and held up that bureau until it was eased to the ground.  (Of course he thinks he did it, typical human.)

That is what us Angels do. Those near death experiences you tell tale about?  Us Angels are what keeps them near and not death.  The very day I went to the Bridge I was called into action.  On the trip back from the hospital after saying goodbye to me my Daddy made a right hand turn he had made 1,000 times  before when  some idiot in a truck passed him on the right as he turned right.  He still doesn’t know how the truck missed him, but I do.  In my first angelic act I grabbed the wheel and turned hard to save both my parents.  The other Angels were quite impressed, it being my first time.

All humans, and all dogs, have Angels, and this week, our Pup of the Week, Uva, a three year old chihuahua, proved that to be true.

First, as always, some backstory.  A few days ago Uva took ill.   She got a nasty case of Colitis.   Like my sister Pocket, Uva is a very nervous little dog.  She came in contact with some fleas, and the constant biting, jumping, and aggravation scared her, and, much like with Pocket when she gets nervous, her insides turn to water.  

Her Mom had to take Uva to the vet.  Because it was nearby Uva and her Mom walked.  When they arrived there were cats in the office who were bigger than Uva and, being a nervous dog, Uva got very agitated.  She slipped out of her collar and then out the door, onto a busy street.

But not only did Uva need aid, so did her Mom, who, like her precious pup, ran into the street without looking, then came to a stop in front of a speeding taxi, who just missed hitting Uva’s Mom.  The other drivers. having their busy schedules detained by seconds, yelled and cursed at our friend’s Mom.

Uva’s Angels were around her, too, as somehow her tiny body was seen by the busy motorists.  Uva stopped in the road and her Mom ran to her, gathered her in her arms, and brought her back to the vet’s. while her angels were greatly relieved that their numbers were not added to by one.  The vet treated her for her Colitis and she should be back to her old self soon.

So please, heed the story of Uva and her Mom, and remember, there is no luck, no good fortune, just your Angels, who you once took such good care of, looking over you and your pack and returning the many favors owed to you.

3 comments:

  1. Poor uva I sure now how it is to have your angles watching over you cause if I hadn't had mine I know I was a sick pup thank you Angeles for watching over me and letting me stay with mommy ....and thank you for watching out for uva and her mommy too plus all of our fur friends and their parents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor uva I sure now how it is to have your angles watching over you cause if I hadn't had mine I know I was a sick pup thank you Angeles for watching over me and letting me stay with mommy ....and thank you for watching out for uva and her mommy too plus all of our fur friends and their parents

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read the angels watched over Uva and she is back with her mummy. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete

Monday Question

  Have your parents bought anything for you for anxiety? Not me, but my parents...