Thursday, June 27, 2024

Poetry Thursday


It is time for another installment of Poetry corner with out hosts Angel Sammy and Teddy.

They provided for photo below to inspire our poerty



Help me, help me, help me, find my Mommy

Oh please help me, I am so lonely

All I can see is pants, and ill fitting shoes

I am lost bad, all alone, and I have the blues


We came downtown to do some shopping, 

And ice cream parlor hoping

I held on to Mommy’s hand until she let go

She saw a dress sale in the department store window

Now I am all alone left alone in quite a pickle

Wandering past strangers, their legs looking like denim bags of nickels

Hope dwindling down to a slow trickle


Oh Lordie Lordie where did my mom go?

Don’t you want me?

Don’t you want me no more?


Lordie, Lordie, where did my mom go?

You promised to be with me forever more

I’m looking at hundreds and hundfeds and  hundreds of ugly shoes

Looking for the ones that belong to you. 


Hey Lady, do you want to be my Mommy?

She lost me, the big dummy

I hope you can buy me something for me tummy

And I need to pee


Mommy, Mommy is that you?

Don’t be cross with me - who left who?

You know I see those new Jimmy Choos

For distress it is you I should sue

But I know you don’t have a dollar, never mind two

If Daddy could know what I knew

You’d be out and my new mom will make her debut










 

4 comments:

  1. oooh that is the worst moment ever... even when shoes are in the game ;o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We certainly didn't expect the poem to end that way☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great poem. It can be scary to be such a little person in a crowd like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I see children in strollers or walking amongst crowds I think no wonder they start crying...it is scary
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

The Ruby Rose Report: Nature Friday continued

They have lilies, they have hydrangeas And a hundred-year-old rose bush So now we have to get ourselves  Back to the gardens We will do Blak...