Sunday, May 28, 2023

The Ruby Rose Report: Balls!

 


Pocket has often visited me in my dreams and extolled the virtues of playing ball. She was upset that none of her other siblings had followed in her paw steps, and when she met me immediately began barking about the bouncing ball.


At first, I was not impressed with the balls. I liked bones, something I could get in my mouth and rub my teeth against. Girls like me often leave the ball untended, and it shrinks into the back of the toy box undetected.


I am low-key most days, as I build my energy in case of an emergency where a dog running around the house confused and nonsensically barking is required. But, the stored energy that is yet to be needed bubbles over, usually twice a week, around midnight. I jump out of bed and run into the living room. Like a young mother who has been with the baby all day and needs to sleep, she orders my dad to stay up with the unruly child.


I have a lot of toys, more than my pack's dogs have had, and I have soft stuffies and hard bones. In times of excess energy, I take everything out, throw it in the air, and run after it, then return for what is next until the toy box is empty. One night last week, I saw a ball tucked in the back; I picked it up and spat it out.


I picked it up and whipped my head, releasing the ball. It bounced high and rolled on its own, causing my instincts to kick in, and I chased the ball, picked it up, and did it again. Look at what I have been missing! Then the ball rolled to Daddy, who picked it up and threw it, and now the ball was bouncing and darty. I ran after it, caught it, and triumphantly ran around the house. It was the best way to burn off unwanted energy ever!


I spent more than an hour playing with the ball. Fortunately, the ball squeaked so I could make noise and keep Daddy awake. Finally, I laid down, and was brought into the bedroom, where I got on the mattress, then stood on Mommy for a whole minute pretending I was Hilary and her breasts were Mount Everest. She wishes.


That night Pocket visited me in my dreams, happy that she had a sister who likes a ball in her mouth, like my aunty. Pocket will teach me to tend to my balls, make sure I don't use too much tongue and don't bite hard.


I am lucky to have an angel who knows so much about balls: Yellow, red, and even blue.


I can't wait to play ball again.


10 comments:

  1. BALLS! That word is not said around our house...Cinnamon goes bananas. She LOVES balls any size, any form and she will play all day, all night and will make Mom up walking on her Mount Everests to get her to play ball! We hope you have the most fun EVER! Thanks for visiting us! Purrs Marvelous Marv

    ReplyDelete
  2. it#s always good to have balls.. even for girls... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby Rose glad you finally found what fun it is with balls and how proud Pocket is of you. Dallas and Belle Lawson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruby, our Sweetie also chases ball toys, but you are obviously more energetic than she will ever be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby Rose at least your 'balls' don't require fancy uncomfortable attire
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite "toy" is my beloved tennis ball. Life would never be the same without Wilson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love chasing balls here too...Walter wonders where his disappeared to though. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosie and Baby love tennis balls. Problem is that they can only play for a few minutes before those tennis balls roll under the couch. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our angel Little Bit loved balls. Any ball. She would steal them from all over the neighborhood. All the kids knew to come to our house if they were missing a ball. Fond memory.

    Have a woof woof day and week, Ruby Rose. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi friend, Ojo here! Hurray for discovering the joys of Ball!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday