Thursday, July 6, 2023

Poetry Thursday

 

Once again, Angel Sammys and Teddys Pawetaton have provided us with a photo for Poetry Thursday.

It was a perfect day 

Mom and I alone in nature with nothing to do but play

Soon to sleep into the tiny camper we would go

Ouch, excuse me, got bit by a mosquito


We toasted hot dogs over the camp fire

And after smores we would retire

We will watch the fireflies glow

And, damn, another mosquitio


We have big plans for the morn

Fishing, hiking then lunch at out little home

Thrn I will have water and Mommy a cop of Joe

And, Jesus, is this woods filled with mosquitos?


We looked forward to a relaxing vacation

With no phones, screens, and any screen invasion

Oh God I just got bit twice on the ear

And thrice more in the rear


I am starting the think we should have gone on a cruise

The great outdoors was nothing but a ruse

We went on a six-hour drive

Just so I could get eaten alive


They were biting my mom too

And she decided to change the venue

Into the camper we did go

To find an inoperable window


Mommy had bought a sleep bag for the trip

And we climbed in, studied for a rip

When we zipped ourselves inside we thought we were born free

And then I got bit by a family of hungry fleas


9 comments:

  1. But no Highland midges?
    Consider yourselves fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR LAST LINE IS exactly why I don't sleep in the great out of doors.
    Bugs love me all bugs. They will leave whomever they are 'bugging' just to come bug me. I'm told they are attracted folks with O+ blood of course that would be lucky me. Years ago on vacation my daughter, husband and I were all within a foot of each other at an event. I was the only one swatting at bugs.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very biting poem, Ruby Rose. We're not fans of those pesty mosquitoes either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems you can't win for losing with those bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One pf the best ones I have read and ain't it the truth!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like such a fun camping trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Ruby, that's cool that you used the picture my Mom made with me in it. It totally rocks, and I can see why you would rather I get all bit up by mosquitoes and fleas than you, punk! Oh well, I'm not itching, so I forgive you. XOXOX Chia

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday