Thursday, November 10, 2022

Thankful Tnursday and Poetry Corner

 Thankful Thursday

 

 This week I am participating in Brian’s Thankful Thursday to say a very grateful Thank You to our friend June and the rest of the pack at the Zoolatry Blog for featuring me yesterday in their First Friends post-Wednesday. It has indeed been one of the greatest honors in my young life. Thank you.

 

HAPPY POETRY THURSDAY

HERE IS THE PHOTO THE BRILLIANT ANGEL SAMMY AND TEDDY GAVE US FOR INSPIRATION



 

Through the clouds and the rain, I saw quite a sight

That, when it became clear, caused me a fright

Three big ladies splashing in puddles

Holding on to umbrellas with white knuckles

Wearing too-small stilettos 

Squishing their fat little toes

The one on the left carried a bag so small

It looked like it belonged to a fashionable Barbie doll

The one in the center had a large purse

All the better to steal medication for an inattentive nurse

The one on the right held her umbrella high and to the side

Not understanding why she was getting soaked like a shell in the tide

When they came close I realized what was strange

It wasn’t them splashing around at an advanced age

It wasn’t what they had on

Matching $10.00 dresses from Amazon

It wasn’t that they were out in the rain

An activity that seemed insane

It was because, and I say this with dread

Not a single one of them had a head.

6 comments:

  1. I saw you over there yesterday. Make me smile.

    Love the poem. You're right there are no heads. Hadn't noticed this until you mentioned it.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby Rose you are a natural with poetry. Well done little friend
    I really enjoyed your post at June's too
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem made us laugh and you're right - not one of them has a head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were excited to see you over at Zoolatry, that was fun. Speaking of fun, what a fun poem! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my... yes.. amazon finds can be special LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this artwork; there is a joyfulness that is uplifting!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday