Sunday, June 11, 2023

The Ruby Rose Report: I Would Do Anything For Love But I Won't Do That

 

I will let my parents do anything to me. They can play with my toes, rub my ears, put harnesses on me, take me in the car, whatever they want because I do it for love. I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.

I refer to letting them touch me with a brush. If not held, I scoot away; if I am, I fight. I love a human touch, but that is it.

My parents usually have dogs with hair. I am their first fur-wearing dog in a long time, so they must be more in touch with the technique. Regardless, they could be Edward Scissorhands. I would still bark and balk.

Thankfully, I am not a big shedder. A Griffon at rest barely shed, but a Griffon at play, or worse yet, a nervous sort, when their blood gets up, they shed like an old oak tree in an October northeaster.

I usually go to my Dad when I am nervous since he is high-strung too. Panic loves company. Stressed people need something to do with their hands, and stroking a little dog is soothing. Between his trembly pets and my nervousness, he is covered with my hair in no time.

He gets a roller to remove the fur, which is a waste, becomes humans should be proud of wearing their dog's fur. It is much more personal than a tattoo, and it says to other parents, "I have a dog, they own me, and I don't care."

My groomer brushes me, and I let them because they are professionals and know the proper way to stroke. I heard my parents see that the next time I am groomed, they will ask what brush they use on me. It is futile. You can use the same bat as Aaron Judge, but that doesn't mean you will hit home runs.

The last time they asked, the groomer said they use a glove brush for horses. My parents could not hear, but I could when the groomer said to the others, "They do know you are kidding, don't they?"

They didn't.

I will continue to fight them when they try to brush me. I am doing it for them. My fur is my gift to them.

Not every species is willing to go bald to prove their love.

15 comments:

  1. Ruby, I am not much of a shedder but I do think it is much classier for a human to wear dog hair than a tattoo.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nobby up there! Fully! And now mom has to do some look-ups about Griffins. By the way, your comment on my blog about squirrels and speed bumps hit a home run the morning. Meaning only that a squirrel is messing with the hummingbird feeder and they are in the midst of having families. I have have the feeder taken down. That makes me so da*n mad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby Rose..Do you know that brushing your hair/furs makes them lush and healthy and OMDs do I love having my hair brushed.
    Angel Madi adored brushing. Several times a day she would sit by the door where I kept her brush. BUT she did not like a tummy rub and OMCs playing with her precious kitty feet was a sure sign of trouble.
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our parents are covered in our hair all the time, too. We think it enhances their clothes perfectly. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely soft horses body brush would work, but not a curry comb. Maybe your folks could have lessons from the groomer? But if you can shed it naturally, like rolling on your humans, that will be far better. Thats what I do and is such fun and not at all stressful. Well, not for me MOL
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby, we cannot get Sweetie to enjoy a brushing, so I pay the vet tech to do it when she's at the vet for her monthly shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm used to getting combed and brushed because I'm clippered every other month but once I get off the grooming bench, I honestly prefer not to be combed or brushed daily but unfortunately, mom insists so I have to put up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some like it and some don't. It's the way of things.

    Have a woof woof day and week. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. The princess girls here shed a LOT! We always have dust bunnies with black fur tumbling around no matter how much we brush. It's gotten a little better since they got their summer buzz cuts, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi friend, Ojo here! You have drawn a very clear boundary, good for you! The humans should be honored that you share your precious fur with them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love a gal with conviction!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must have not liked brushing either cause I went bald to prove that point too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe you would like a zoom groom - they have them on Chewy. They don't really get down through our double coats, but they give a gentle massage.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mom says she never met a dog that didn't like brushed, Ruby. Now nails is a different matter altogether! Maybe you should just relax and enjoy it??

    ReplyDelete

The Ruby Rose Report: Who Moved My Cheese

  Except for when the Christmas tree was put up, our house remains laid out the same way, which I like, because I am not a fan of change. ...