Monday, June 29, 2026

Monday Question

 With Americas 250th upon us and the World Cup on going I wanted to learn more about your parents. What countries did their ancestors live before coming to the USA and are they rooting for these countries in the World Cup?



My Mom’s family came from Ireland and Portugal. My Dad’s from England and Portugal. Mom is not interested in soccer. Daddy is rooting for England and the US.

22 comments:

  1. So sad that Germany has lost to Paraguay :-(( Well, it's not the end of the world..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you did not have a bunch of angry drunk Germans staying in your town.

      Delete
  2. we are a french german vikings mix, but we live in france so we hope for les bleus....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poland, Slovakia, Ireland, and Hungary. I haven't really been paying attention to the World Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was transplanted here at the end of 1975 but my husband's roots come from Norway, France and Great Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't live in the US, I am in Australia, so of course I'd like Australia to win. My ancestors were German for two generations, but Swedish before that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom's paternal grandparents came here in early 1900 - her grandmother came from Rugby England where her parents had a hotel - her grandfather was a business man from Germany and stayed there - and the rest is history; her maternal side was all Irish in heritage -

    As for The World Cup - haven't really watched much - although that Cristian P fella is from up the road in Hershey

    H&K&W
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father's side - both from Italy. Mom's side England and Belgium and we are not watching the World Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My ancestors came from Germany and England.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My ancestors came from Ireland and Belgium. We're not following the World Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mama's ancestors came from all over Europe...she says she is a Heinz 57...Daddy's family came from Russia and Germany. We don't watch Soccer, American football is our pawrents sport.
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. The US is a melting pot of nations. In the UK we are a mongrel race of Vikings, Saxons, Normans and Celts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our family came from Europe. My parents were born here as was my grandparents.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ireland, Germany and Poland !!!! ♥♥♥ ( not watching the world cup but my nephews girl friend is a HUGE fan ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruby, Ireland and England and Germany. But not into watching sports. We know you will pick the right team fur us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great picture. My mom's family came from Germany and Ireland. Dads family came from Scotland and England.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dad was born in Canada to parents from England and Belgium. My mom's parents were both born in the US. Her father's parents were, too, but her mother's parents were from the Azores, islands off of Spain. I'm not watching the World Cup because I'm not into sports.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m from Malaysia, so my ancestors didn’t come to the US — but I enjoy reading everyone’s family stories. Here, soccer (we call it football) is huge, especially when the World Cup is on. Even though Malaysia isn’t in the tournament, people here often cheer for England, Argentina, or Brazil. It’s fun seeing how heritage and fandom mix together across the world.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mom's parents came from Ireland and England. Dad's from Germany. Everyone is deceased now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun question! Our Mom's dad's family is from England and Wales and her mom's from Greece! She is watching some World Cup but wish she knew more about the game!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lulu: "Our Mama and Dada are both mostly Italian and Irish and neither one of them is paying any attention to the World Cup. At least, they weren't until somebody unnecessarily injected himself into it like he always does ..."

    ReplyDelete

Beat This Caption

Because I have butt arhritis and can’t sit on the hard floor, lady. That's why I need my own seat, and Clint if you pull on the leash on...