Friday, May 30, 2014

Ask Aunt Foley

Dear Aunt Foley:  Why did God create fleas?  We hate those things - Tashi, Tiara, and Trixie.
Dear Tashi, Tiara and Trixie:  Among the many lessons I have learned on the immortal side of life is that all beings, even fleas, have a reason to live.  But the reason why is only known by the wisest and oldest of our inhabitants, who live high up in the mountains.  To get your answer I packed some kibble and some water then began to climb high above the River.
It took me a few hours to get to the top of the mountain and I entered the cave where the wise man sat.  I stopped to drink some water and then I stood before him and asked why we have fleas.  He explained to me that fleas have an important role in nature.  They balance life.  If there are too many of any species then the fleas carry diseases to help reduce the number of that specie.  Without the flea one specie could eradicate all others.
Having received your answer I turned and prepared to start my journey back down the mountain when I paused, turned, and walked back into the cave.  “Hey, old wise man?” I asked.  He looked up.  “Are you telling me the only purpose fleas have is to, at best, kill people, and at worse, make their lives torturous hell?”  He nodded.  “Then what did you go create Al-Qaeda for?  Admit it, the flea is an evolutionary mistake that we are now stuck with, and, when you found it was killing things, you said ‘Hey, let’s just say that’s the purpose.’”
He studied me:  “Do you think you have all the answers little dog?” he asked.
“I think mine make more sense than yours,” I said, standing very straight.

2 comments:

  1. Depp my friend very deep. Fleas are no one's friends except fleas. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so smart and right. we hate fleas ...we think they have no purpose except taking all our moms monies out of her purse to buy products so we don't get fleas...we think it is a conspiracy ...the fleas actually own the company.....bhahhahaha
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete

Foley's Tales From Rainbow Bridge : Lightning Strikes

  This week, at Rainbow Bridge, a place that always has good weather, Lightning lit the sky. It wasn’t from a storm but because my bestie L...