Saturday, May 3, 2014

I was in the bed when the bed got made by Pocket Dog

We have a routine each Saturday morning.  Daddy gets up early because he has to go to work.  I get up with him.  He holds me while he does his bathroom business and brushes his teeth.  I like to lick the foam from the tooth brushing.  Then Daddy takes me outside and I do my business.  He brings me inside, gives me a treat, goes back into the bedroom and slips me under the covers while he gets donuts.  I get fifteen minutes of wonderful morning bed time without bladder pressure.

Last Saturday, in just 15 minutes time, I got nice and snuggled on a warm spot.  I heard Daddy come in but I stayed where I was.  Please Daddy, just five more minutes.  He wrestled River out of bed.  He is forever wrestling River out of bed.  River would stay in bed all day if she could.  He took River outside, and after some stubborn shouting River did her business too.

Mommy got out of bed to pee and I stayed in my snuggle spot.  Finally I had the big bed to myself.  In seconds I had fallen into a nice snooze.  I woke up a half hour later and I thought I was on my way to the Bridge.  It was dark, it was hard to breathe, I could barely hear anything or more.

Then I heard the faint sound of water running, it was Daddy in the shower.  I must not have gone down the road too far towards the Bridge.  Maybe I could turn around.  Boy, it was hot.  Oh no, I couldn’t be going to the other place could I?  I started whining and barking, hoping my parents could bring me back.

I could hear Daddy slipping out of the shower and pulling down the shower rod as he wrapped a towel around himself to find out why I was whining while Mommy hurried in from the kitchen. They both began to rip away the comforter, the quilt, and the blanket to discover what they had done.

They had made the bed with me in it!

I got lots of snuggles and kisses, and explanations that they thought I was just a bump.  A BUMP!  I took all the snuggles, and all the kisses and forgave them because they are my parents and I love them.

And also because I found if there is ever a place to be almost smothered it’s in a warm, comfortable bed.

4 comments:

  1. OMD..you poor wittle thing! Butt I guess it was all worth almost being smothered cuz you got all those snuggles. Don't ya just love it when da pawrents are so apologetic???

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO...made up in the bed. That won't happen here, because we get HER out of bed and walking before 6 a.m.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD and they thought you were a bump???? Hmmmm at least you forgave them. Have a serene Sunday and enjoy some big easy today.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really should be a Chihuahua. Chihuahuas always burrow under the covers and sleep comfortably there.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Question

  Have your parents bought anything for you for anxiety? Not me, but my parents...