Friday, May 23, 2014

Ask Aunt Foley

Dear Aunt Foley:  What is up with humans and spring cleaning?  The Girls
Dear Girls:  Personally, I never understood what was up with humans and cleaning.  I think a messy house is a house that shows how much humans love their dogs.  But my Mom was a big fan of the cleaning.  Daddy used to tell her you can’t have a sparkling clean house and two dogs but she still has not given up her quest.
Since I can’t answer why they clean I can’t tell you why they want to do more of it in the spring.  I guess it’s because they are starting to tend to the gardens and the lawns, cleaning them, and decide to do the house too, but wouldn’t it make more sense doing it in November when they don’t have the lawn to do?   I have tried to explain human behavior to my friends but honestly, most of the time they remain a mystery
Of course I know what prompted this question.  Like most dogs, when their parents clean, I am sure that you just curl up and watch with either a frustrated or bemused expression on your face, but then they start digging into your toy boxes and deciding what toys you do or don’t need.
This is such an invasion of our rights.  We should be able to keep our toys no matter how gross and spit covered they are.  But not according to our parents.  And then when we try to return the “favor” and go into open drawers to pull out clothes they don’t need, or rip apart shoes that are out of fashion they get mad.
So I say spring cleaning for all or no spring cleaning!  And keep your dirty hands which are attached to your dirty feet in your out of fashion shoes which should be thrown out off our freaking toys.

4 comments:

  1. OMD and worse is when they put the toys is that clothes bathing thingy and then hang by their throats on a line and leave them hanging and swaying in the wind like a load of criminals. Shocking the things they do. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree completely! And if only they would stop washing my bed!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peeps are just STRANGE.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We certainly don't understand the concept of "spring cleaning" either. Seems stupid when we just shed our hair over everything and de-gut our stuffed toys again anyway. In fact, we don't even understand the weekly cleanings!

    ReplyDelete

Monday Question

  Have your parents bought anything for you for anxiety? Not me, but my parents...