Sunday, April 7, 2024

The Ruby Rose Report: Where is spring?


 

I have been waiting for April since the days became shorter and colder. I could put up with the frigid temperatures, and conditions which made a dog (Pocket’s editor’s note: “A fragile dog”) stay inside.

April came on a Monday.

I had a less satisfactory day than her.

Despite it being the beginning of April, it was cold, raw, and unpleasant. Like underwear from TEMU it did not arrive as advertised.

In fact, it has not arrived at all leaving me stranded in an endless winter of despair.

I visited Angel River in my dreams and asked her if she knew where spring was. She told me spring was as unreliable as a 16-year-old cheerleader working the drive thru at Dunkin’ Donuts to pay for camp. 

Like a child watching the sun rise on Christmas morning without a Santa visit I was worried that spring had passed us over like Fredo.

I began looking around the house for it, but there was no sign of spring. I asked Mrs. Haversham and Dora, my downstairs at borders if they had chased away spring. “I sleep on old insulation near your HVAC unit while the rain puddles around us,” Mrs. Haversham said. “If I saw spring approaching I would greet it with a big kiss.”

I decided not to remark that kissing everyone she saw was what led her to being an unwed mother sleeping under a house.

I asked my friends around the country, and they have not seen spring. The southwest has an eternal heatwave, not the 65-degree sunny day that was promised.

I have issued an Equinox Alert for spring. I asked if it’s put on the back of milk cartons, but I guess because of the environment they are obsolete.

I am worried it is part of a plan to rob us of spring, which schemed with the climate to do away with milk cartons, the most reliable way to find souls who wish to stay hidden.

We must act together. If anyone sees any signs of spring like rabbit droppings, dew on the grass, budding flower, and people watching baseball games not dressed for the bleacher seats at the Iditarod please contact me so we can bring the shy spring to show itself before the broiling heat of summer burns the grass before it had a chance to grow.

Together we can make American warm again.

 

                                                                                                                                         

  


 

 


8 comments:

  1. Your dog is soooo cute and looks so cozy! Hopefully the weather gets better and you enjoy and have an amazing Spring Season!

    xoxo, Midori

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/my-daughters-turns-one-photoshoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a kerfuffle, Ruby!
    Spring and Winter are still at war; Spring wins, then Winter wins, and it goes back and forth for a bit before Spring will triumph.
    Fear not, and just hang out under a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a frosty morning today but it's supposed to get spring like warm this afternoon so we hope spring has finally arrived here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for spring too, Ruby Rose. I know it will show up at some point. I'm tired of the wet and the cold.

    Have a woof woof day and week, Cutie pie. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you do find Spring, pleaser send it to us too!!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunnies are leaving their calling cards in our yard and shrubs are budding. We had 30 degrees this morning but it's warming up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear. Gail has never ordered underwear from Temu and now probably never will...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time will come. And like a fabled wizard, it is neither later nor early and arrives when it wishes. You do look cosy, Ruby. Enjoy the warmth of winter and spring under a rug, then the freedom of summer into autumn.
    ERin

    ReplyDelete

The Ruby Rose Report: Who Moved My Cheese

  Except for when the Christmas tree was put up, our house remains laid out the same way, which I like, because I am not a fan of change. ...