Thursday, May 11, 2023

Poetry Thursday

 

Once again, Angel Sammys and Teddys Pawetaton have provided us with a photo for Poetry Thursday. Below the picture is my meager offering.



Come here, son, Momma has a story

And I must say I am sorry

But yesterday, when your dad went out for a banana run

And he ran off with a missionary nun


I knew she was trouble when I saw her

Wearing makeup with not a spot of fur

Your dad always liked his girlfriend shaved clean

The nun was the only one in the jungle who needed sunscreen


I don’t want you to be worried about a thing

Anything you want, I will bring

Gorillas are notoriously bad parents

With their stupid faces and heads of cement


So now we are going to be the man of the forest

And grow up to be a man who is most honest

You will make your mother proud

I will sing your praises from the tree very loud


I wish I had chosen a better father for you

I wished there were many thing I knew

My misery would have been over before it began

If I had never married a man called Tarzan




8 comments:

Poetry Thursday

Once again,  Angel Sammys and Teddys Pawetaton  have provided us with a photo for Poetry Thursday. At one point in his 25-year career Klondi...