Sunday, August 16, 2026

Friday fillings on Saturday, which is actually early Sunday morning.


It’s Friday Fill In time. Ruby’s fill ins are in black


  • The older I get, the more beautiful I get. What, did you think it was going to be something else? Have you met me? I am gorgeous. 
  • I frequent a kitty dive bar called Minxes. It is just beyond the fence, located in a tipped-over barrel. It's where I sit and drink catnip for two dollars a shot. There are two tabby cats there who seem to be fighting over the same tomcat every day. I heard one of them plan to claw the other one's eyes out. I mind my own business. There's the sound of two tabbies going at it like rats in a sock from up the stairs. While from another locked room,  a cat moans low. It's not the kind of place we talk about. But at the end of a busy day, it's where I like to relax until the cockfight is done. I also like sitting on my mommy's lap
  • Back in my day, we had a thing called COVID. Everyone was sick, and they wore masks. None of the stores were open. The schools were all closed. Everyone was tense. I could not get a grooming appointment. In some ways, it was long ago, but to me, it is like yesterday.
  • I  am glad that the gas prices are so high and the world is in such a terrible state, with violence everywhere and a war on in these last few weeks of summer. Because our parents will stay home and cuddle with us, which is where they should be. Like back in the old days of COVID. Did I ever tell you about COVID? Well, pull up a chair and I will tell you a tale and share a shot of catnip with you.


16 comments:

  1. Mews on life, catnip and all things feline. Such fun and a great way to start a Sunday... or should that be a Friday on Saturday, MOL
    Have a great week
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes what we went through during Covid seems like a lifetime ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby you have some great feelings today that tell us a little bit about your personality. Which is just perfect. I enjoy having win at home all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping the populace in fear and scared makes politicians strong, Ruby.
    Isn't it time we broke this cycle? We need a doggo or catto to be in charge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Después de la pandemia íbamos a ser mejores, jajajajaaa

    Los gatos siempre me han parecido seres misteriosos.
    En serio, tú mira los ojos de un gato... en cada pupila hay mil universos que no podemos ni imaginar.
    Ellos los han conocido todos y nos miran apenados por nuestra lamentable soberbia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby, a kitty dive bar called Minxes serving two-dollar catnip shots while neighborhood drama unfolds is the absolute greatest thing I've read all week, but your diabolical cat logic that high gas prices and global chaos are a total win because it forces parents to stay home and cuddle you is top-tier villainous plotting! I’ll definitely pull up a chair for a story about the "old days of COVID" and a round of catnip, as long as you promise not to judge my human survival skills too harshly while we hang out at Minxes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby I agree with #1 10000%
    hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always make us laugh so hard Ruby. Tigris, Styx, and Lanie too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. I feel bad that people died from COVID, but isolating was a dream come true for introverted me. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes it's just nice to curl up on a lap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great fill-ins this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not met you but I have seen you and I agree with the "gorgeous" assessment.

    Staying home and snuggling is a nice thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Furbulous fill-ins, totally top paw!!! 😻✨🐾✨😻

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lulu: "We remember COVID! Our Dada announced that he wasn't going back to ICU and he and Mama basically didn't leave the house for a year except to take us to the park and for walks. I know it was a hard time for all the humans but honestly we kind of enjoyed it ..."

    ReplyDelete

Fill-in The Blanks and Talk Like a Pirate Day

Today, two of the most important events in Blogville will combine. It is the friendly fill-in-the-blanks day sponsored by 15andmeowing fo...