Thursday, August 22, 2024

Poetry Thursday


It's Poetry Thursday and my friend Angel Sammy has sent us this picture to inspire us


“I just don’t feel fulfilled,” 

The bear said, sitting in a tank semi-chilled

“I would like to do something that would leave me thrilled.

My Mom made me live in a zoo, she said I wouldn’t last in the wild, being mostly unskilled.”


Sitting and listening was a little girl named Ruby Dee 

who only wanted to see the animals that were on TV

 she asked the bear” What do you want from me?

I ain't no psychiatrist no doctor with degree


The bear continued with his tale of woe

How he was all dressed up with nowhere to go

His request to leave the zoo was met with a flat no

His only real friend was Scott, the cataract-ridden rhino 


My wife ran off with Lancelot Link Secret Chim

I can't afford my girlfriend since she got an expensive pimp

My only child, a boy is a wimp

He won’t go to the beach since being scared by a snapping shrimp.


The other inmates try to cheer me up by reminding me I am a bear

That with a might growl I could scare

But standing up to other animals fills me with despair

And when I sleep I have a bear vs. raptor nightmare


Ruby Dee interrupted saying she did not want to be accused of misrepresentation.

And even a little girl could tell the bear suffered from depression. 

And while they made progress in their session

He needed to speak to someone who was trained in the profession


The bear looked down and said “I am not looking for a God send

Or for someone to tell me what behaviors I should amend

For what I need the most the days’ end

Is just someone who listens that I can call a friend. 




10 comments:

  1. that is the better story about bears and girls... there are even nice goldilocks in this world... like this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great poem. It must be sad to be stuck in a zoo when you want to wander further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bear understands what's important. (Unlike some humans ...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOL GOL(grow out loud) that sweet photo was inspiring
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lulu: "Wow, that bear has definitely got those 99 problems I've heard about. If Ruby Dee were a psychiatrist she would be set for life if that bear were her patient!"

    ReplyDelete

Beat this caption

  Phone call for Mary? Which one is Mary?