Friday, August 9, 2024

The Ruby Rose Report: The Birthday Free Pass

  • My third birthday was a couple of weeks ago. My mom asked me what I wanted and I thought hard, but I had everything I wanted, so I told her to surprise me.
  • On my birthday morning, I was given liver pate with a candle. The liver was off, but the candle tasted good.
  • Then, I got my gift. It came in an envelope, which I opened with my teeth. Inside was a card that read “Free pass.”
  • When I asked what it was she told me that it allowed me to do one thing wrong, and I would be forgiven for it. “You just have to decide what that is,” she said.
  • This was exciting. I could run out the door and explore the neighborhood without consequence, but I quickly dismissed that idea because it was too hot, I hate the neighbors, and I have a Griffon sense of direction which means I can’t find my tail, even on the map.
  • I could pee on the floor. How liberating would that be? But it is hard to pee on the floor without wet paws being the result, and I don’t like wet paws. Also, it is a bit rude to pee on a floor just for fun, and I eat off the floor, I don’t like eating near the rest room never mind where a puddle of piss was just removed.
  • I could poop right in the middle of the living room. How grand would that be? But, when I do poop I am embarrassed and try to hide the evidence in my mouth which triggers my panic swallow reflex, so we should drop the whole thing.
  • I could dig up some plants, but they are pretty, the work arduous, and I would damage my nails.
  • I could stand at the window and bark, which I did, but I have done it so often that my parents don’t hear it anymore. That would be a waste of a free pass. 
  • I could chew up a pillow. But it would be work, and I like to lie on pillows.
  • Or shoes! But they taste like feet.
  • I could eat their supper! But I am short and stout. I can’t get up on the counter or table. I could eat on one of the floor, but that is mine anyway. 
  • By the end of the day I had failed and handed back to my Mom who told me to keep it, although she knew I wouldn’t need it, because I was the best little girl around, and never did anything wrong.
  • Her saying that made my heart full of love, and it was the best birthday gift I could get. 

14 comments:

  1. Ruby, we can see you had a wonderful birthday, but please tell your Mom that they words on this post are displayed (at least on my screen) in a way that makes them hard to read.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby, I wasn't sure where you were going with this, but it was a sweet and loving post at the end. Belated happy birthday!

    Yes, there's some weird Blogger thing happening to your post, at least when viewed on my phone. They're always messing things up, I doubt it's your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruby, did eye mizz yur birthday ? sorree if eye did and heerz two a grate
    yeer a head filled with happeeZ and healtheez and steak πŸ₯©πŸ˜Ί‼️πŸ¦΄πŸŸπŸ’™πŸ’š ( yur post haz gone thata way πŸ”›on yur page…prob a blee iz my
    dee vize tho )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    You PAWty animal -

    My human's birthday is 16 days away - guess she'd like one of those FreePass cards!

    H&K&W,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby, every day is a celebration of you, so no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great birthday gift your mom gave you, but we're not surprised you couldn't find anything to use your free pass with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool and wonderful gift for you and Happy Birthday from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Ruby, and you got the absolute best gift from your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 3rd BarkDay Ruby Rose.
    I can only read part of the post the words run into the background and off the page.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, that was such a sweet post. But we hope the peeps will surprise you now with a new bed or a special treat or something good.

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy Birthday!! This post was just the sweetest, thank you for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great birthday and Lee thinks she needs a free pass. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww now I can see it. Glad I came back...some folks like to do things for bdays way before or way after a bday in hopes to surprise.
    I like that it was your day to be spent just as you pleased
    Hgus Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! You are indeed the Best Dog Ever! (Aren't we all?) Happy birthday, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Beat this caption

  Phone call for Mary? Which one is Mary?