Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Monday Question

 What is your initial response when your parents have been gone a long time? (Anything over five minutes is a long time.) 




When they open the door after being gone. I am either in a chair or on the back of the couch, surveying the grounds. I turn toward them and give them an aloof look, like I cannot quite place them. I can usually hold on for thirty seconds until I begin jumping down and attacking their legs with my paws and try to knock them over as I succumb to complete joy and a touch of revenge.


24 comments:

  1. Our animals as always pleased to see us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And with joy
    leave the wish for a beautiful day. Beijinhos *,~`)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I run to the kitchen to welcome mom home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually [like Duke] run to the kitchen - wanting a treat, which says I've been upset that you've been gone forty days and nights, but once appeased with said treat - I'll give a proper hello, allow petting and you'll be forgiven. We'll not speak of this ever again, meowz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great celebration of having your parents home :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you know the reputation that we cats have. We stay aloof almost all the time. Occasionally I have been known to actually rub an ankle, but then I let them know that it was an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing better than being greeted by a dog thrilled to see you. I bet it is a wonderful thing for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm waiting at the back door to see her - she thinks I go there when The KhrossTrek pulls in the driveway -

    H&K&W
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it has been over an hour, we will greet them at the back door!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. ruby….mozt lee …eye am in snooze land when her getz bak….😸‼️💚🐾

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruby, Mom and I came to an agreement that I wouldn't come out of my napping place. She would come to me. I ran the roost!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our Angel Little Bit would cry and jump on us for love.

    Our kitties do go to the back door when they hear the garage door going up, but I don't think they care if we're home or not. Well we had better be home at feeding time.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have quite the welcoming committee when we return home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pure, unconditional love! Too bad more humans aren't like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The big question is what they do while the people are gone. Buttercup sometimes expresses her displeasure at being left by leaving some liquid anger on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exactly what I would do ;) I still remember the joy my pup used to bring to me. We could hear her tail banging on the laundry room door as we got out of the car. Happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Most of my cats act like they didn't notice I was gone, but Rusty purrs his little head off. xO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mi nena hace lo mismo. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My cat Lola used to just remain wherever she was and barely blinked to acknowledge my arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucy smiles and wiggles. Chia barks and tries to keep Lucy away from Mom and/or Dad. I bark high-pitched and stand up on my hind legs for Mommy to hold me. Xena

    ReplyDelete
  21. Link Linker the Stinker only notices if his food bowl gets empty before we get back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lulu: "Bean and I always greet them at the front door gate with tail wags and sniffs and then immediately ask to be let out. The cats, of course, hardly notice they're gone ..."
    Oona: "OONA NOTICES ALL THINGS. It's just that most of them make no difference to her."

    ReplyDelete

Ruby's Sunday Funnies

  Three Blonds are walking down the street when they see some tracks. The first one said "I think they are dog tracks", The second...