Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Monday Question

 Have you ever been to a store? 

If you have, was it a non-pet store? 

And if so, what was it? 



RUBY’s ANSWER - I asked that question because Saturday I got to go to a Dunkin' Donuts. It was in Brockton, Massachusetts. My dad drives DoorDash for some extra money and he takes my mom with him because she does not like to be left alone and I do not like to be left alone, so the whole family goes DoorDashing. And suddenly, a rare occurrence, mommy had to pee. They were far from home, so Daddy told her she either had to hold it or go in a place she hates, a public restroom. But she could not hold it, so they pulled into a Dunkin' Donuts. And then she would not get out of the car because she did not want to leave me behind. So Daddy picked me up, put me in her lap, and mommy said, She cannot go into Dunkin' Donuts, and Daddr told her to trust him. They got inside, took a sharp right away from the register, and were going to sneak into the bathroom, except mommy's wheelchair barely fit through the door and it was a lot of banging and smacking, and I ended up getting jostled all around because I was on Mommy's lap. And then we came out and people were nice to us and held the door for us, and no one ever said anything to us. But I did not get anything. So, it was a break-even day.

21 comments:

  1. None of my pets have ever been to a store. They got treats brought home to them instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you, Ruby, and no, I have never been to a store - not yet anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should-a got a French cruller and a cafe-ala-creme ... at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lot of excitement for the three of you. Ruby and I'm sorry they didn't give you a donut. But it's lovely that the three of you were together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruby! You are beautiful and I like your name. I have a granddaughter named Ruby so I'm partial to it.
    Sounds like quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been to a few stores, mostly Petsmart and Starbucks.
    Sounds like you have quite an adventure, Ruby!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Canines can so figure it out -
    I've taken to a few paws in when we got to Sips - and Mom returns her plate by putting it in the bin inside the door - I even got some pets last week by a couple at a table - and I am allowed in The Dog Friendly Bank!

    Take Care of your mom!

    H&K&W
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Angel Little Bit went to the pet store often. Cold Stone too for ice cream when it was hot. Fond memories.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your story bothers me, Ruby, 'cause the bathroom was so difficult for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adventure it is going to the bathroom when out! I am the same way! I need a scooter or wheelchair when in large stores. Plus I need a handicapped toilet, and that makes it even harder to travel! Your eyes are really locked onto that yummy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. under noe kinda nothin due eye get in de car ta go any wear eggz cept de plaze oh eeeeeeevil ~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ruby, squeezing through a public restroom door in a wheelchair while holding you is peak family chaos! Missing out on a donut treat feels completely tragic, yet people being kind makes up for the bumpy ride. Next time your humans go DoorDashing, you definitely deserve a sweet snack for your trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you didn't get anything at Dunkin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Parece tener hambre. Bello perrito. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Link Linker the Stinker cat is thankful we have never taken him to the store. He has never gone anywhere except the vet and he is mad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was what's called a conundrum (I think). I go into stores with my Mommy all the time: Ace Hardware, Lowe's and Home Depot. Also Food City Grocery store (they love me there) and Walmart (they love me there, too.) XOX Xena

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have a friend who owns a gift store and she always has treats for us! So we get a gift! We are sad that you didn't even get a pup cup!

    ReplyDelete
  18. None of the cats have ever been to a store!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love the look on that dog's face! I used to work in a pet store, and I would take my dogs in when I was off work. Now, no, they don't go into stores, not even pet stores. Mickey is too unruly for that! He does get his pup cups at drive-throughs, or I bring them home. One chain here has a big one (shallow container so short noses can fit in) with biscuits stuck in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lulu: "We've never been anywhere like Dunkin, but we have visited the occasional garden center. Sadly, they do not have pup cups there ..."

    ReplyDelete

Ruby's Sunday Funnies

  Three Blonds are walking down the street when they see some tracks. The first one said "I think they are dog tracks", The second...