Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Will I Ever Get Outside Again by Pocket

          I used to go outside.  Honest:  I did.  There are even pictures on this site somewhere of me outside.  But I am afraid I am never going outside again.
          Last week it snowed so much I buried myself under the covers and didn’t come out for two days.  This week it snowed again and now we are surrounded by snow. 
          I look out my window and I don’t even have to look down to see snow.  I could jump out the window and land on the snow and go on a walk if I wanted to (but I am afraid of sinking.) 
          I don’t know where all this snow is going to go.  Mommy says in six or seven weeks we will be back outside preparing the gardens.  But I don’t know how that is going to happen.  That is an awful lot of snow to move.
          The closest I come to the outside is the porch where my pee pad is.  I want to look outside to see all my small animal friends but the windows are frosted over.  River never makes it that far.  She has pee pads in the hall and a pee couch in the living room.
          Where are my bird friends?   Are they warm and safe?  And all my little friends who live under ground?  How are they staying safe and are their nuts warm?  These are the questions that keep me up at night.
          Mommy still swears that we will be back in our yard in less than a couple of months.  I think she’s nuts.

          Hey Hobo, buy stock in pee pads.

If you want to further follow the adventures of Small Tales click HERE



7 comments:

  1. Oh you poor little things... Come and visit me in Florida where it's nice and warm and.......not even one snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain ...same thing happening here. Pee pads are a good thing, a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes come over here it is sunny and mild. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we have the very same thing happening here and I notice our pee pad bag is getting more empty.....it is hard for Stella who does not see well to even hit the pee pad so I suggested to mom we just lay a blanket down for her, mom did not think that was funny at all, so far we can run out in the snow fast, and come back in fast, sometimes I am the last to go out the door, mom has to shove my butt....ANGUS McConnell Long

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back in you yard 'in less than a couple of months' Sheesh! That's a LONG time to wait. Cuddle up there and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE have now snow, it is strange for this time of year to have rain instead of snow. But it works well for little Mabel when she has to go outside
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust me, ya don't wanna go out in dat.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Question

  Have your parents bought anything for you for anxiety? Not me, but my parents...