Friday, February 27, 2015

Ask Aunt Foley: Snow Dogs

Dear Aunt Foley:  I have heard lots of people complain about the snow this year.  I don’t understand why.  I love it.  I could spend all day playing in it.  Why do people and pups hate snow so much?  Presley
          Dear Presley:  I will address this in two parts.  First:  Humans.  Humans are a transient species, always on the move.  Whenever there is something that impedes their progress they fall to pieces and nothing impedes progress like snow.
          It needs to be shoveled, blown and plowed.  The roads become icy and people have to obey speed limits.  They need to buy all the bread from the grocery store because…..OK I have no idea why they do that.  Being made to slow down or, even worse, stay home, drives humans to madness. 
          As for dogs we can see why dogs like you, with those long, sexy legs would like the snow.  You can run through it, over it, and leap up and down in it.  It does sound like great fun.  As for little dogs like me we end up getting snow up to our ears, our most private parts freeze in the cold, we kick a lot of snow and sand into our undercarriage, and that leads to another issue.
          Part of the problems with dogs and snow is Moms.  My Mom hates the snow.  She doesn’t want any snow, sand or salt in the house.  If Daddy took us for a walk as soon as we got in the house she would scoop us up and drop us in the tub.  I don’t know why making us wet helped with getting us dry but I learned never to question Mom.
          So for dogs it’s all about size and how anal your Mom is.  And that’s two strikes against my pack

For more Ask Aunt Foley click here


7 comments:

  1. My mom doesn't love snow, but she does love snow days when her job lets her stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey ....... my Mum's anal too It's a terrible handicap, aye???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loves snow a little tiny bit,, like 2 flakes!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well.....we don't have any snow and we think we'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drats no snow here and looks like again another mild winter for us across the pond. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE hate snow and Cold and Esp. ICE... it covers EVERYTHINGY over and you can't get to the impawtant stuffs in life.... like Sticks and Grass and MUD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't forget age! Morgan loved the snow when she was younger, but now it's hard fr her to walk in deep snow and she gets confused about where things are. She was not happy this morning to see more snow on the ground. She stuck her head out, turned around and went back to bed.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Question

  Have your parents bought anything for you for anxiety? Not me, but my parents...