Sunday, February 8, 2015

Zoe Boe is our February 8, 2015 Pup of the Week

   
        Shortly after Brody joined me at Rainbow Bridge another lifelong friend bounded up the stairs to greet me.  It was Zoe Boe, and truthfully she is more than a friend.  She is my partner.  She did all the drawings in my book and the fantastic cover.
            I owe her so much.  While I have always been good a capturing my maniacal spirit through words Zoe and her Mom were equally as good at capturing it through art. 
            Like all devoted pups she wanted to check on her Mom.  After Ladybug fit Zoe for her wings we ran to Tommy’s and she checked on her Mom.  Aunt Connie was showing her tough Irish spirit on the outside but Zoey and I knew she was broken on the inside.
            The next morning I awoke to feel a small drop of paint fall right between my eyes.  I looked up to see Zoe above me, her wings fluttering, and behind her was my ceiling, now painted with the entire history of our friends’ lives.
            Above me was Tommy eating popcorn with his Dad, Otis walking with his parents in Mayberry, Willie swimming with his parents, Cooper playing with his siblings, Brody dressed up for Halloween with his family; Zoe painting with her Mom; me writing with mine;  and so many others friends.
            She then took me to my office where she had started painting a mural of me playing with my Mom and Dad, Pocket, and other members of our pack who proceeded me to the Bridge.  I hugged her and told her it was the most beautiful piece of artwork I had ever seen.
            She then took my by the paw and told me the plans that she had for Tommy’s mansion and for Otis’ drug store.  She had an appointment with Sheriff of Fun Benjamin to fly through the sky and to bring joy to sad dogs through art.  And in her spare time she was going to plan on painting wonderful murals in the sky.
            I am very sorry for all of your on the mortal side of the River of Life who have lost Zoe, especially her sweet, wonderful Mom.  But Zoe is certainly brightening things up around here, and someday, when you all cross the River of Life, you will be very impressed with her work.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting! Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful artwork from the past blog entry, too. -Katie Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I meant from the other entry that came up under the label Zoe Boe from Sunday, September 22, 2013, Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous we really like it. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed! We are playing catch up since we have been working on the Heart 2 Heart Dance!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. That painting is so lovely, and Zoe looks like she was a happy and special woofie. We are so sorry for your loss and send our purrs and prayers. Thanks so, so much for supporting and joining our blog hop. It means the world to us. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete

Monday Question

  Have your parents bought anything for you for anxiety? Not me, but my parents...