Friday, June 19, 2015

Tails From Rainbow Bridge: Catching Up with Tupper and Max

MaxampTupperRIP.jpg


On the mortal side of the Bridge they were brothers and best friends.  One of them became sick and the other took care of him hiding a more serious issue that would unexpectedly send him to the immortal side of the River first.  They are Tupper and Max and they are still joined at the hip.

Their passing, shortly after their father went through a difficult surgery, almost destroyed their Mom.  Max’s illness was long but Tupper’s was very fast and totally unexpected.  Fast and unexpected is worse.

Tupper was very lost his first days at the Bridge.  We all tried to comfort him but he missed his family so much.  Then Max joined him and for a short time he was happy but then he felt bad about being happy while his family was sad.  But Max and Tupper helped one another and soon they became an unbeatable team.

I always relied on Max and Tupper’s wise advice while we were all on the mortal side of the River and I made them part of my small council here on the immortal side.  Unfortunately I guess I really don’t have much to do because they said they grew bored and were looking for something else to do.

Their Mom loved the outdoors and so did her dogs so Max and Tupper left my “boring” meetings and started to lead dogs who had never enjoyed hunting before on charters into the mountains to hunt all the critters there.  (It is a catch and release program:  The Big Guys rules.)

I even partook in a hunt with them one day.  I found it dirty and some of the critters we were hunting were bigger than me but Tupper was an excellent guide and made sure I wasn’t left alone.  I didn’t catch anything but I did chase some squirrels up trees which I used to love to do when I was younger and we walked on the quiet grounds of the state mental institution.  I found my inner hunter again and now, thanks to Max and Tupper, I am back to hunting again.  

When they are not running their hunting charters Max and Tupper are looking over the Mom, siblings and family and wanted me to pass on to them that Max and Tupper love them all very much and visit all their dreams even if they can’t remember them.  And when their family is united on the immortal side they are going to retire from the charter business and spend all their time with their loved ones.

But until then I am going squirrel hunting.



5 comments:

  1. Max and Tupper you Boyz are such wonderful dawgys..Have you guys seen our beloved Ms.Queenie tell her daddy misses her everyday and mom does to.. I'm chi chi hear me roar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max and Tupper you Boyz are such wonderful dawgys..Have you guys seen our beloved Ms.Queenie tell her daddy misses her everyday and mom does to.. I'm chi chi hear me roar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good you found your inner hunter. Squirrels need to be kept in their place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Greta has met these two wonderful doggies
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful dogs. Squirrel hunting does cheer up pups.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Question

  Have your parents bought anything for you for anxiety? Not me, but my parents...