Friday, June 7, 2019

Foley and the Missing Angel

I made the first night inspection of my gardens after the solar lights were installed.  I like the little lights that line either side of the driveway and around the gardens. I find it charming. In the center of the flowers should be my angel, the tallest and brightest light of them all casting a warm glow over the entire yard.

I was shocked to see that my angel was not part of the garden opening night display.  I am sure it was packed away in the late Autumn. Where could it be?

My mommy must have been unaware that my angel was missing. If she had realized it, she would have conducted a search of every outhouse, chicken house, and dog house in a 30-square mile area.  I went into her subconscious to tell her the angel was not in the garden.

There is a solid door between the conscious and the subconscious.  Some nights it is easily opened. Others it is, as it was this night, stuck.  I could only yell from the other side "My angel is not in the garden. I think she is in the shed."

My Mommy woke and said she had the strangest dream.  “There was a range in the garden that should be in the shed.”  I mean, these people, I can't even.

It took me several trips into both their dreams until one of them realized my angel was missing. The next day they emptied the shed looking for it to no avail.  It was gone.
There could only be one explanation. Someone had stolen her.  But who? Who had the motive? Who had the opportunity? The suspects were endless.

Mommy? Of course not.  How dare you? The woman is a saint.    

Daddy?  I don't think he would steal it, but I could see him breaking it and then burying it in the backyard, so no one knew.

Pocket?  It's always the quiet ones.  I don't think she has the brains to pull something like this off.  Plus she knows what a nightmare I can be if I slipped into her dreams in a bad mood.

River Song?  It's always the bitchy ones.  She has been jealous of me and my status as the number one heart dog.  But in her fruitless quest to be number one, she still wouldn't do something to upset Mommy.

The squirrels?  Now we're getting somewhere.  I had a lifelong battle with those little bastards.  I could definitely see them stealing my angel to get back at me. I borrowed a bird body and flew up into a tree.   There was no angel there, so don't know what they would have done with her.

The kitties?  Now we're getting somewhere.  They have been my rivals ever since they sat on my deck at the condo and mocked me.  And then River Song evicted them from our southern border. They probably stole my angel for revenge and stuck it in some disgusting Feral garden somewhere.  Don't worry, angel, I won't rest until I find you.
My parents contacted the Amazons to craft another beautiful angel to represent me in my garden.  Those Amazons do fantastic work. Then even offer 24-hour delivery.

So now I have an angel shining brightly in my garden again.  And at its base is attached a chain that runs to the Earth's core. If you hear of any Massachusetts earthquakes, know that one of those cats try to steal my angel again.


If you look to the Eastern skies and see something burning brightly, that's my angel saying hello.

8 comments:

  1. we are glad that your angel is back... and we hope it stays with you furever and ever... we will watch the sky tonight and maybe we can see it too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of dirty rotten thief steals an angel??? It's got to be the Evil Squirrel Cartel. They probably buried it in someone's yard along with their acorns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazons to the rescue, but you need to put a sentry to guard the new angel. Squirrels and kitties are sneaky and relentless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your angel is back ((( hugs )))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m glad it is back too and I will have a chat with those kitties and tell them paws off your Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is your Mom going to take a picture of it so we can see your new Angel? That way, they can also post it on telephone poles if it comes up missing again. xox Xena and Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe someone would take your angel! So glad you have a new one now
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete

Poetry Thursday

    Once again, Angel Sammys and Teddys Pawetaton have provided us with a photo for Poetry Thursday. Toby knew it was his last day And ...