Friday, January 31, 2020

Foley Makes a Spotify Playlist for Dogs

  The Spotify angels have asked me to compile a playlist for dogs.  I had to search through millions of songs to find the right ones. Here are the ones I chose.

“What a Barkable World” by Louis Barkstrong.  It begins, “I see bowls full of food / and water too / All filled up high / For me and you/ And I think to myself/ What a Barkable world.”

“Imagine” by Beatle Bug:  All dogs instantly become calm, hearing the words: “Imagine there are no squirrels.  It isn’t hard to do. No tree rats scurrying across the lawn. And no chipmunks too. 

“Hey Bone” by the Beagles:  When the Beagles began singing:  “Hey bone, I love to chew. You take a good bite and make it better.  The minute I get you into my mouth. My day starts to get better.” I can't help tapping my paw.

“Yesterday,” another Beagles song also made the list:  “Yesterday, all my troubles were so far away. Because my Mama doesn’t work Sundays.  Now I believe in yesterday.”

“Blowin’ in the Wind” by Dog Dylan:  The song makes us think deep thoughts, which puts us to sleep.  “How many turns does a frisbee make, before it falls to the ground? And how many bounces does a tennis ball take, before it comes to rest? And how many twists does the can opener make before it becomes a meal?  The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.”

“Stairway to Bedroom:” by Fred Dachshund:  We all love to sing “There’s a lady who knows where the dog needs to go, and she’s climbing the stairway to the bedroom.  When she gets there, she knows, upon the bed, we all go, after climbing the stairway to the bedroom.”

“Peed on the Floor:” by the Arf.  Every dog can identify with. “No one knows what it’s like to be the bad dog, to be the sad dog, who peed on the floor.”

“Here Comes the Bacon:’ by the Beagles.  We love any song with bacon, but this is our favorite.  “Litte darling, it’ been a long time since you’ve eaten.  Little darling, soon, the food will be here. Here comes the bacon.  Here comes the bacon. It’s alright”. 

“I Can’t Get No Left Over Supper” by the Rolling Balls. We all feel the singer’s frustration when he barks: “When I’m sitting on the couch, and mom comes in the kitchen, cooking more and more of the food we won't get to eat because it’s always out of reach:  I can’t get no, I can’t get no, I can’t get no leftover supper."

“Only the Hungry” by Mutt Bassett Hound:  It breaks our hearts when I hear: “There goes my kibble, there goes my broth, they’re gone forever, they’re not in my mouth.  Only the hungry. So far apart.”

“Great Bouncing Balls” by Jerry Hound Lewis.  Even the sleepiest dogs will get up and run around; he hears:  “You make me zoom, fly and run. You provide me happy hours of fun.  You move so fast, giving me a thrill, goodness, gracious, great bouncing ball.”

"Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad,” by Pug Loaf:  I always sing along to: “I peed outside, I barfed outside, but there ain’t no way I am ever gonna poop outside but don’t be mad, because two out of three ain’t bad. “


That is a playlist for the ages

9 comments:

  1. hahahaha we love that.... food and puke and poop and pee... that are the things what make da world go round, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome play list.
    Gail is still laughing at "I can't get no left over supper" but I think that's tragic not funny...
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two out of three ain't bad. That will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Fun post. I laughed and more than once.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL BOL! Those are great! Don't forget my Christmas song: "Oh tennis ball, oh tennis ball, You are my favorite play thing … "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were fun tunes and all big hits...no doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Angel Foley, we know a lot of these songs. They're classics, right? XOX Xena and Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angel Foley your pick of the Rolling Stones and Fred Dachshund were so funny!!
    hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. These make the perfect playlist!! Thank you for the memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha, this is GREAT!

    Kiki and Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Monday Question

  Have your parents bought anything for you for anxiety? Not me, but my parents...