Friday, March 25, 2016

Tails From Rainbow Bridge: Spring Training

Enough with this winter I say!  Although it has been mild and basically snow free at my Mom’s house, except for the school canceling, work delaying, super spring Northeaster of the century that pounded our little home with almost three inches of snow, I am ready for spring because spring is the time when I can borrow the bodies of hummingbirds, butterflies and other flying creatures to flitter down to Mom’s house and watch over her and, if I am lucky be able to land on her shoulder and touch her skin, smell her hair, and find the peace I have missed for so long.
Mother Nature has become indifferent and requires coaxing to change seasons .  She lives on the mountain, a few steps below the Big Guy.  I fly there, enter her beautiful abode, lie on my back and let her rub my tummy.  I believe she finds this comforting.  (I know I do.)  A comforted Mother Nature is less likely to become angry and create storms plus she is more malleable to an early season change.
Confident that my bewitching belly will work it’s magic and harsh winter will evolve to splendid spring I have begun swaying the small flyers who commute from the mortal side of the river to the immortal side to let me borrow their bodies to practice flying. (Swaying may be giving myself too much credit.  The term bird brained is accurate.  The slightest noise can distract these addled creatures and I can nudge them from their own minds.)
Then I am off.  I soar high into the air.  I land softly on branches and leaves.  I practice flying around a person’s head.  I need to be at an expert at all aspects of flight before I can go see Mommy.  And I have plenty of angel friends practicing adjacent to me for their own trips back home.  
I do need to find a friend who will blow me. There is no wind here so I need a friend to blow air at me to create a breeze.  When I finally get to see Mommy again the last thing I want is to blown off course.
And I will keep visiting Mother Nature for belly rubs.  If my belly does the trick an early spring shall be yours.

4 comments:

  1. With all the politicians we think there will be enough hot air to create a strong wind to blow you right to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will give you the credit for bringing spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom is hoping that Angel Greta will come for a visit
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hippity Hoppity Happity Easter!
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday