Thursday, September 14, 2023

Poetry Thursday

  

Once again, Angel Sammys and Teddys Pawetaton have provided us with a photo for Poetry Thursday.

Leo was the king of the land

All the creatures bent to his demand

While striding through the grassland

He found lunch sitting in a tent that looked second hand


“Excuse me I must eat you” 

Leo said “Nothing personal but you smell like barbeque

Please don’t make me pursue

Just lie back, offer a leg, and let me chew.”


The man did not seem to hear

And he didn’t show a bit of fear

He said: “I came here as a sight-seer

But, I can’t find my watch, I am sure it is somewhere around here


“It looks like this,” he said, holding up a picture of it

“I would hate to lose it; it was a gift from my uncle Kit”

Leo said, “I’m sorry I don’t give a nit

But I will devour you like a pizza delivered to a stoned undergrad twit.”


The man said “Yes, yes, yes we will get to that

But maybe you could speak to the other cats

If they find it I will repay tit for tat

I have yogurt I hope they don’t mind non-fat.”


“I am going to eat you” the impatient lion roared

As his blood pressure soared

“I don’t care about your watch or your little reward

I am going to rip your spleen out and wear it like a mortarboard.”


“Well, that’s a lousy attitude,” the man said offended

In a voice louder than intended

“I am sorry your plans have to be amended

But if I could have my watch back before dinner that would be splendid.”


The lion roared that he did not care about the watch

But he was hungry liver followed by scotch

He prepared to end the man with a sharp bite to the crotch

When the voice of his son turned the attack into a botch


“Daddy, Daddy, I found something shiny,” the boy said

And held up the watch filing his dad with dread

He looked at the man who he wanted to make dead

Then resigned told his son to go get his yogurt, then hungry, the lion went to bed

5 comments:

  1. and therefore thelions sleeps tonight after so much adventures , right ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always best to NOT talk to your meal before you eat, eh Lion?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a clever man to get out of being eaten by that beast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Ruby Rose I'm impressed with this excellent story.
    I had a hard time getting 6 lines. LOL BOL
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a good one, I'm surprised the human won!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday