Sunday, September 10, 2023

The Ruby Rose Report: Wet Food

 


 Ruby has submitted another report to the home office. This is your copy.

Last week was a little hard for me tummy-wise as my parents experimented with different wet foods and toppers.

When I first arrived, my parent wanted to ensure I got the best food, so they put me on premium kibble and human-quality wet food: Ollile's Subscription brand.

It was expensive, but it was worth it.

My parents didn't pay much attention to the form they filled out to get the food. The meaning of subscription food was lost of them.

One day, a truck pulled up to the house, and men in white Hazmat suits got out carrying a cardboard box like they were sneaking ET's body out of Eliot's house.

My parents pried open the crate, and a cloud of dry ice filled the room. When it cleared, there were several little tubs of frozen human-quality dog food and a bill for nearly $300.00, stating that this was a month of food and more would be delivered the following month.

My parents don't spend that much on their food. The bad news was that Ollie's subscription food was canceled like a Jason Aldean song.

The good news was I had enough wet food to last through spring.

My parents began searching for a healthy alternative when it finally ran out. Unfortunately, all wet food is costly.

They tried Ollie knockoffs, Including a store brand and a premium food. My parents noticed that I was eating around it, inspected the food, and realized it was as appealing as Aunt Mabel's fruit salad and had as much meat.

My parents fancy themselves as intellectuals, meaning they study things ordinary people do without thinking.

After more discussion than what went into passing the federal budget, they thought the Honest Kitchen pour-overs would be great. And I did love it. But in the middle of the night, I got out of bed, and it came out as soupy as it went in.

It was a minor issue, as I only had one more messy poop, thanks to a healthy constitution and Flagyl prescription.

Unlike my previous pack members, who wolfed down their food, I am a grazer, so they want to stimulate my appetite. They tried a popular canned food I ate, so they bought a case, which I haven't touched since.

The newest plan is kibble, fresh poultry, and crumbled steak grillers as a topper, and so far, I am gobbling it down.

But I reserve the right to turn my nose up.

I am the Baby Boss, and I need variety.

9 comments:

  1. Insist on only the best Ruby! The new plan sounds good.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we like the new food plan... and we totally agree you are the boss ... yessssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're glad you found a food that you like, Ruby Rose. We get our usual kibble with lots of human food treats during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is difficult to find a food that satisfies both your tastebuds AND the human's wallet, Ruby.
    All of us pet parents go through this, and shame on a pet food company who changes a recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morgan used to get all excited about a new food and we’d be happy that we found what she liked. We’d rush out and buy another bag but when we opened it she decided she didn’t like it anymore. We’d get a different brand and go thru the same thing over and over. How did we fix the picky attitude toward food? The solution was competition. When she saw another dog enjoying the food she decided maybe it wasn’t really that bad. Tell your peeps you need a friend to encourage you to eat.
    Sue from the Portie blog .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruby, we loved pets really have to go through it--- but so do our parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing but gourmet food for you Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby Rose we are glad you found a food you love Dallas and Bele

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday