Sunday, September 8, 2024

Foley's Tails From Rainbow Bridge: Chimp Crazy (The Chimp's side)

 

There are not too many killers at the Bridge. All those who did so in the line of duty, or the protection of another, are. Those who kill for their purposes are either not allowed, or sentenced to wander on the other side of the river, between two worlds, not belonging to one side or the other.

But sometimes, those who are driven to madness, and take the life of, or injure an innocent are allowed to cross over.

Hopefully, they are forgotten over time, but others have their pasts dredged up, and, even from the Bridge, they want to clear their name.

So they hire an attorney, and often it is me. 

I had to meet with my client at his home which meant I had to go into the jungle, where Travis lived, It was fitting he did. He never got to live there when he was on the mortal side.

Travis was born in captivity and sold to a woman in Stamford Connecticut for six figures. He became a local legend, playing with visitors, and going to other houses and businesses. But, as he aged, he began to rebel, which caused him to be violent, and caged to protect his mom, her guests, and himself. 

For the rest of the story, and why he needed representation I would need to go into the jungle.

I had to meet up with river men and be taken on a perilous journey. I arrived on an island with millions of chimps, monkeys, and other species. I didn’t think I would find Travis until I heard a chimp voice saying my name. 

A meaty hand grabbed me by the collar and pulled me onto a branch.

I admit, it was both the closest I had been to a killer and a chimp.
“I shouldn’t have been kept in a cage,” Travis said. “How can you love something that you lock up all the time? One day they let me out to play with a lady, and when she went to stick me back in the cage I panicked and by the time I knew what was happening the woman had no face or hands, and my police officer friend had a gone on me. I pleaded with him to put me out of my misery and he did. I didn’t mean to hurt anyone. I just got tired of that cage.”

I told him that animal lovers to understand, and don’t blame him, and I would make sure the filmmakers wouldn’t either, And, he was safe at the Bridge because all those in power there know animals never do wrong unless provoked by humans.

And they know nothing that is loved should ever be left in a cage. 

4 comments:

  1. A travesty against that poor animal.
    Yes, we understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We remember this story so well and even the woman on talk shows with head coverings. She should have never owned and caged this poor monkey and I betcha she realizes this now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really an injustice for Travis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our mom watched that series and was very sad for all the primates held captive by these crazy women. It was nice to see that Tonka was happy and healthy at the sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete

Beat this caption

  Phone call for Mary? Which one is Mary?