Thursday, October 24, 2024

Poetry Thursday

 



For the first time, I am taking part in Brian’s Thankful Thursday.

I have not participated before because I am thankful for everything.

I am thankful to live in a quiet, snuggly house.

I am thankful my Mom did all her work before I arrived so she could spend her day with me.

I am thankful that her sworn enemy Arthur Righteous makes it hard for her to walk so she barely leaves the house.

I am thankful that my parents, when they can, take me with them, in the car.

I am thankful there is enough slack in the tether that holds me in the back seat so I can stand on the center console and see where we are going.

I am thankful for the rocks on my walk where dogs leave me pee mails.

I am thankful for my pee pads because I don’t have to go outside to do my business and can stay in a temperature-controlled environment while performing my duties.

I am thankful I can pee and poop on my schedule and don’t have to stand outside on a cold and wet morning with wet paws as one of my parents insist I do my duties because they don’t understand that such conditions expand my bladder and tightens my sphincter.

I am thankful that when you read this somewhere in the world someone will be eating a personal pan pizza and will be for eternity because, with the possible exception of some items on a Denny’s menu personal pan pizzas can survive a nuclear attack.

I am thankful that I can sleep in the big, warm, comfortable bed.

I am thankful that I earned the right to sleep on the big bed by spending two weeks sleeping in my crate without complaining, which is 87 years in dog time.

I am thankful I have been spade so I am not driven mad when I go into heat; such madness is the only way we lollipops would consent to do the nasty with a dirty boy who rudely presses down on our spines while doing unspeakable things to us.

I am thankful for my online friends who I have learned so much.

I am thankful to Brian for inspiring this blog.

I am thankful that, if I feel to list more things I am thankful for, Brian will give me a platform to do so. 






10 comments:

  1. Ruby that is a long and impressive list of things you have to be thankful for. You've clearly got the hang of this lovely Thursday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that are good reasons to be thankful... we agree for the rocks... its our kind of social media ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have quite the thankful list, Ruby and we love having you as our friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we, your readers, are thankful for your quirky take on the world, Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby Rose,
    I applaud you for all the wonderful thankfuls on thankful Thursday.
    I personally will be very thankful if my comment publishes today. Last time I tried on Tuesday the only way I could get it to publish was put it under someone's else's comment as a 'reply'. here goes
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have lots of great things to be thankful for, Ruby. We're thankful for you and your entertaining posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are such wonderful thankfuls and we're thrilled to have you hopping in with us. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many epic thankfuls, absolutely tremendous! ❤ Happy Friday to mew all, and we hope your weekend is EPIC!!! 🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete

The Ruby Rose Report: Goin' Back

I go for walks with my Dad while Mommy makes supper, but with the approaching dark and cold, they will soon take place in the early afternoo...