Thursday, August 10, 2023

Poetry Thursday

 

Once again, Angel Sammys and Teddys Pawetaton have provided us with a photo for Poetry Thursday.

"Look at the beautiful neighborhood"

My Dad said “what a place to experience your childhood

Every street is exactly the same

With identical yards, roofs, and frame


Every house holds a family

With well scrubbed faces and hands free of clammily

Everyone family has two and a third kids

And no urban blight: The HOA forbids


Each man has a wife with blonde hair

Who don’t work, they wouldn’t dare

And all the kids are extraordinarily ordinary

And they live to 85 and die from a massive coronary


Every lawn is cut to perfection

And the John Birch Society controls the election

Everyone goes to Sunday mass

Followed by a cotillion, what a gas


Everyday kids gets A’s

And they are all straight because the HOA barred the Gays

They aren’t crazy about the Jews either

But they are allowed if they have good food at Shiva


The black, Puerto Ricans, and Asians are welcome

As long as they have a very high income

So far none of them has applied.

Not since one did and Mrs. Whitikar nearly died


I asked if that was where we were going to live

I didn’t want to but didn’t want be combative

My Dad said we would never pass through their gates

We were going to live in a place called the United States





8 comments:

  1. BOL, I think skipping dat would be a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. e have such areas... they really cut their lawn with manicure scissors... and even their petunias looks like sodiers there is not one what is too high or too low... I dream about spray painting their shoe box cribs with f... u LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Ruby Rose well done!! I'm purrty sure as fast as I flit about I'd end up in the wrong house any time I was out
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruby..that was quite a sight we got for Sammy's poetry corner. It made me think about the new-at-the-tine Levittown house that looked like that. I couldn't even imagine it as a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem today makes an eloquent and well argued case that these places are to be avoided at all costs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next week…a poem about Summer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wild applause, especially for the ending!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Wordless Wednesday